New Zealanders from refugee backgrounds participating fully in New Zealand life
What we do
We work towards our vision of New Zealanders from refugee backgrounds participating fully in New Zealand life.
Check out our work here:
- Community Forums - enabling communities identify resettlement challenges and potential solutions
- Awha Info Hub - a safe space for former refugees to meet up, get support, information & advice
- Open Road Driver Training Programme - a programme to help former refugees learn to drive
- Research & Advocacy - we conduct, coordinate, and support rights-based research that informs refugee resettlement policy and practice in NZ
- Turning the Curve Programme - a programme to help refugee background women to learn to drive
Our Board is governed by people from refugee backgrounds who represent the interests of former refugees generally rather then their communities specifically. We also have 20% representation from other communities.