New Zealanders from refugee backgrounds participating fully in New Zealand life
We're hiring: Fundraising Officer
We've got an exciting new role for an experienced fundraiser!
Location Central Wellington
Tenure Contract: 6 months
Responsible to General Manager
Hours 15 flexible hours per week
ChangeMakers Refugee Forum is a rights-based, non government organisation (NGO).
Our vision is New Zealanders from a refugee background participating fully in New Zealand life. We work towards that vision through community development, research, and advocacy.
Purpose of the Position
We’re looking for a passionate and ambitious people-person to accelerate our grants and gifts programme to allow us to further the amazing work we do every day in vulnerable communities.
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for working alongside the General Manager and the wider team in implementing the fundraising strategy for the organisation. This role will be part-time (15 hours per week) initially - working on growing the grants programme and doing the ground-work on the Major Gifts and Corporate Sponsorship programmes.
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for:
- Generating and increasing income within the Trusts and Foundations revenue stream to support our services and projects;
- Coordinating the grants cycle, including researching appropriate funders, producing grant applications, record keeping, and fulfilling accountability requirements;
- Identifying, building, and maintaining relationships with current and potential funders for major gifts and corporate sponsorship;
- Developing accurate and relevant information to support funding proposals;
- Providing support where required in developing the annual fundraising plan.
Desirable Experience and Key Attributes
- A passion for the rights of people from refugee backgrounds;
- Experience in fundraising, writing grant proposals, sales, business development or similar (this includes excellent literacy and numeracy skills);
- Ability to work with and relate to a diverse range of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and of different ages and genders. The ideal candidate has a friendly and professional manner in dealing with people;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- A strong level of IT competency is required for this role;
- Organisational, time management and people skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of the ChangeMakers Refugee Forum team.
ChangeMakers Refugee Forum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. People from a refugee background are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Applications for this role close 6th September 2018 at 5pm. Please send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Our Board is governed by people from refugee backgrounds who represent the interests of former refugees generally rather then their communities specifically. We also have 20% representation from other communities.