New Zealanders from refugee backgrounds participating fully in New Zealand life
Opening of Tier 2 Refugee Family Support Category
In December 2017, Immigration New Zealand are planning on opening Tier 2 of the Refugee Family Support Category. This means even if you have immediate family in NZ you may be able to sponsor one family member (and their immediate family) to come live here.
- If you came to NZ through the refugee quota or were granted refugee or protected person status
- If you have not sponsored anyone under Tier 1
- If you have held New Zealand residence for at least 3 years.
Family members you may be able to sponsor include:
- adult brothers and sisters
- adult children
- possibly a grandparent.
There are strict deadlines involved and other requirements so please talk to Community Law or Changemakers Refugee Forum for more information.
To find out more information
1. You can attend the Community Law Drop-in Sessions on Refugees & Immigration:
- Tuesdays - 5.30pm-7pm, Community Law Wellington, Level 8, 203-209 Willis Street, Wellington
- Wednesdays - 12pm-2pm, Community Law Hutt Valley, Level 2, 59 Queens Drive, Wellington.
2. Join the Immigration NZ (MBIE) Community Forum:
- Friday 10 November, 4pm-6pm, Auditorium, Lifepoint Church, 61 Hopper Street, Wellington.
3. Join the Community Law Workshops:
- Wellington - Monday 13 November, 6pm-8pm, Ground Floor Ranchhod House, 39 Webb St, Wellington
- Hutt Valley - Wednesday 15 November, 6pm-8pm, St David's Church Hall, 3 Seddon Street, Naenae
- Porirua - Thursday 16 November, 6pm-8pm, Mungavin Hall: Supper room, 27a Mungavin Avenue, Porirua East, Porirua
Brought to you by: